News in Brief: A State Capitals Roundup
Maine Students to Get Help From SAT-Preparation Course
Gov. John E. Baldacci of Maine recently announced that every 11th grader in the state would receive access to an online SAT-preparation course created by Chicago-based PrepMe.com free of charge.
The $4.5 million donation will provide each high school junior with a program that usually costs $300 per student and which includes an online curriculum, a diagnostic test, and practice materials. PrepMe.com plans to provide the service to Maine’s students for the next three years.
“We are very grateful for this donation because it expands access to test preparation to all of our students, regardless of geography and financial situation,” said Gov. Baldacci, a Democrat.
Vol. 26, Issue 23, Page 20
- Principal, Niwot High School
- St. Vrain Valley School District, CO
- Lake Forest School District, Felton, DE
- Principal at Northridge High School
- Tuscaloosa City Schools, Tuscaloosa, AL
- Ridgefield Public Schools, Ridgefield, CT
- High School Principal
- Harrisonburg City Public Schools, VA