Black Youths' Education
More than half, 54 percent, of African-Americans ages 15 to 25 believe they received a poorer education than their white counterparts, says a report by the University of Chicago's Black Youth Project.
The university research initiative also found that 56 percent of blacks in this age group believe the leaders in the government care very little about them, but 79 percent believe they can make a difference by becoming politically involved. The project surveyed 1,600 people ages 15 to 25 from different racial groups.
Vol. 26, Issue 23, Page 11
- Principal Highland Park High School
- Township High School District #113, IL
- Supervisor, Secondary Literacy Instruction
- Montgomery County Public Schools, MD
- T3 Teacher Leader
- Teach Plus, Multiple Locations
- Durham Public Schools, Durham, NC
- Multiple Vacancies
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Multiple Locations