Essential Supports for School Improvement Outlined
Schools in even the neediest communities can boost their chances of academic improvement by developing five essential supports, a report says.
Produced by the Consortium on Chicago School Research, the study examined how leadership, ambitious instruction, the professional capacity of staff members, a student-centered learning climate, and parent-community ties contribute to student performance. Schools strong in those five areas are at least 10 times more likely than those weak in such areas to show significant progress in reading and mathematics, the study found.
- Middle School Director
- Greensboro Day School, Greensboro, NC
- Wissahickon School District, PA
- Chief Financial Officer
- Idaho Charter School Network, Boise, ID
- City of Cape Coral Charter Schools, Cape Coral, FL
- Permanent Head of School
- The Greta Berman Arbetter Kazoo School, Kalamazoo, MI