Essential Supports for School Improvement Outlined
Schools in even the neediest communities can boost their chances of academic improvement by developing five essential supports, a report says.
Produced by the Consortium on Chicago School Research, the study examined how leadership, ambitious instruction, the professional capacity of staff members, a student-centered learning climate, and parent-community ties contribute to student performance. Schools strong in those five areas are at least 10 times more likely than those weak in such areas to show significant progress in reading and mathematics, the study found.
- International Schools First Ever iFair
- International Schools Services, Multiple Locations
- Fort Worth Independent School District, Forth Worth, TX
- Superintendent, Lexington Public Schools
- Lexington Public Schools, Lexington, MA
- Superintendent, South Orange & Maplewood
- The School District of South Orange & Maplewood, Maplewood, NJ
- Director II-Sudent Support Services
- Deer Valley Unified School District, Phoenix, AZ