Essential Supports for School Improvement Outlined
Schools in even the neediest communities can boost their chances of academic improvement by developing five essential supports, a report says.
Produced by the Consortium on Chicago School Research, the study examined how leadership, ambitious instruction, the professional capacity of staff members, a student-centered learning climate, and parent-community ties contribute to student performance. Schools strong in those five areas are at least 10 times more likely than those weak in such areas to show significant progress in reading and mathematics, the study found.
- Ridgefield Public Schools, Ridgefield, CT
- Director of Field Placement & Certification
- Manhattanville College, Purchase, NY
- Accomack County Public Schools, Accomac, VA
- Vestavia Hills City Schools, Vestavia Hills, AL
- Principal, Niwot High School
- St. Vrain Valley School District, CO