Stanford Online School to Serve Highly Gifted
A self-contained program for the profoundly gifted, in the 5,000-student Madison school district in Phoenix, was once the perfect place for 12-year-old David Sell.
But the district goes only through 8th grade. And David, who has already completed calculus and advanced classes in science and English, needed a new, challenging course of academics. His parents considered moving to other states in order to take advantage of programs they believed met David’s academic needs.
But with Stanford University’s announcement that it is creating an online private high school for the gifted this fall, David can...
This article is available to subscribers only.
To keep reading this article and more, subscribe now or start a 2-week FREE trial.
- Senior Curriculum Developer and Trainer
- Institute For Curriculum Services, San Francisco, CA
- Senior Content and Curriculum Leader
- BrightBytes, San Francisco, CA
- Immediate Teaching Positions Available at New Visions! Apply Now!
- New Visions for Public Schools, NY
- Assistant Professor of Educational Administration
- Mississippi State University, Mississippi State, MS
- Executive Director
- Doctors Charter School, Miami Shores, FL