A presidential daughter concludes her work at a charter school.
First daughter Jenna Bush is leaving her job as a 3rd grade teacher at the Elsie Whitlow Stokes Community Freedom Public Charter School in Washington to teach in Latin America next year, according to published reports.
A spokeswoman for first lady Laura Bush did not return phone calls seeking further detail.
Ms. Bush, 24, majored in English at the University of Texas at Austin. She had passed the Praxis, a teaching exam required in some states for certification, said Linda R. Moore, the charter school’s executive director, who interviewed...
This article is available to subscribers only.
To keep reading this article and more, subscribe now or start a 2-week FREE trial.
- Regional Area Partner
- Focus EduVation, US
- Round Rock ISD, Round Rock, TX
- Christ the King Preparatory School, NJ
- Amargosa Valley Elementary School, Amargosa Valley, NV
- Assistant Superintendent for Teaching and Learning
- Roanoke City Public Schools, Roanoke, VA