Gay and Lesbian Students
More than a third of students who identify themselves as being gay, lesbian, bisexual, or transgender say they have experienced physical harassment at school based on sexual orientation, according to a survey released by the Gay, Lesbian, and Straight Education Network.
The survey by the New York City-based advocacy group for gay students, which includes responses from 1,732 gay, lesbian, bisexual, or transgender students ages 13 to 20 from around the country, was conducted in the spring and summer of last year. Thirty-nine community groups or organizations recruited students to participate in the study, and the surveys were filled out on GLSEN’s Web site.
Vol. 25, Issue 34, Page 18
- Online Career Fair - Clark County School District
- Clark County School District, Las Vegas, NV
- Park City School District, Park City, UT
- Director of Schools (Superintendent)
- Metropolitan Nashville Public Schools, Nashville, TN
- Director of Professional Services
- Engaging Schools, Inc., Cambridge, MA
- High School Physics Teacher
- The International Educator (TIE), Major cities worldwide, In, United Kingdom