Student Debt Seen as Too High for Many to Consider Teaching
More than 23 percent of students graduating from four-year public universities and 38 percent of those graduating from private colleges have too much student-loan debt to live on the average salary for a starting teacher, concludes a report by the State Public Interest Research...
This article is available to subscribers only.
To keep reading this article and more, subscribe now or start a 2-week FREE trial.
- 3rd Grade Teacher
- New Hope Academy Charter School, Brooklyn, NY
- Superintendent of Schools
- Florence Public School District One, Florence, SC
- Grand Center Arts Academy, St. Louis, MO
- Senior Content and Curriculum Leader
- BrightBytes, San Francisco, CA
- Associate Director of Marketing & Business Development
- Generation Ready, New York, NY