Cheating Charges Roil N.J. District
Two probes in Camden looking into test results.
At least two investigations are under way in the Camden, N.J., school district, where questions about irregularities on state tests and allegations of a cheating scheme have sparked anger.
Camden’s board of education agreed last week to hire a former prosecutor to look into whether the principal in the district’s best high school was pressured by an assistant superintendent to rig the results of a state test given to 11th graders last year, according to district spokesman Bart Leff.
The New Jersey Department of Education is conducting its own probe into the test-rigging allegations and is scrutinizing state test scores at two...
This article is available to subscribers only.
To keep reading this article and more, subscribe now or start a 2-week FREE trial.
- Assistant Superintendent for Curriculum & Instruction
- Lake Forest School District 67 & 115, Lake Forest, IL
- Princeton Public School District, Princeton, NJ
- Assistant/Associate Professor, Literacy
- Regis University, Denver, CO
- Elementary Principal
- Forest Grove School District, Forest Grove, OR
- Perspectives Charter Schools, Chicago, IL