News in Brief: A State Capitals Roundup
Illinois May Scrap Test Contract
The Illinois board of education, at the recommendation of state schools Superintendent Randy J. Dunn, was scheduled this week to consider terminating the state’s contract with the company that administers the Illinois Standards Achievement Test. Mr. Dunn has charged that the Orlando, Fla.-based Harcourt Assessment Inc. has not shipped tests and answer documents to districts in a timely manner and has misprinted materials. Harcourt officials said last week that many problems had already been corrected, and that they planned to provide the board with evidence showing the company is fulfilling its contractual obligations.
Vol. 25, Issue 27, Page 22
- K-12 NEA Science Teachers Wanted for NGSS Curriculum Project. Earn $15k!
- BetterLesson, US
- Durham Public Schools, Durham, NC
- Multiple Vacancies
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Multiple Locations
- Boston Public Schools, Boston, MA
- Assistant Professor of Education: Educational Leadership/Teacher Leadership
- Maryville University, MO