Cross-Curricular Standards Issued for Reading Coaches
A coalition of organizations has issued standards describing the professional and subject-matter skills that middle and high school “literacy coaches” should possess.
Literacy coaches, whose profiles have risen in recent years, not only need expertise in building reading skills among students, but should also have the versatility and diplomacy to work with potentially skeptical teachers in a variety of subjects, according to the standards released last week.
“Standards for Middle and High School Literacy Coaches” zeroes in on the work of reading specialists at higher grade levels, noting that they face challenges their counterparts at the...
This article is available to subscribers only.
To keep reading this article and more, subscribe now or start a 2-week FREE trial.
- Lawrence Family Development Charter School, Lawrence, MA
- Director of Product Marketing, Assessment
- Scholastic Inc., Manhattan, NY
- Flagler County Public Schools, Bunnell, FL
- Associate Director of Marketing & Business Development
- Generation Ready, New York, NY
- Notre Dame Cristo Rey High School, Lawrence, MA