Debating State Control
Progress in Phila. schools sparks talk of city’s role.
Nearly four years ago, the Philadelphia schools were in such crisis that they were taken over by the state. Now comes the question: Is it time for the state to give them back?
Philadelphia Mayor John F. Street suggested last month that it could be time to talk about whether Pennsylvania should turn control of the school district back to the city. He noted that its test scores have been on the rise for several years, and that it’s...
This article is available to subscribers only.
To keep reading this article and more, subscribe now or start a 2-week FREE trial.
- Chief Schools Officer - International Baccalaureate (IB)
- International Baccalaureate, Bethesda, MD
- Upper School Principal
- Gulliver Schools, Pinecrest, FL
- Grand Center Arts Academy, St. Louis, MO
- Senior Content and Curriculum Leader
- BrightBytes, San Francisco, CA
- Randolph, MA Superintendent
- NESDEC, Randolph, MA