Ed.D. Problem Seen in Paid Advertising
To the Editor:
No wonder skepticism is high regarding Ph.D.s and Ed.D.s in education. The full-page paid advertisement for Walden University in the July 27, 2005, edition of prompts this letter.
Judging from the ad’s content, the rigor and academic discipline necessary for a doctoral degree are embarrassingly missing from this online course of study. Degrees such as these offered by Walden University and other charades by similar institutions interested in profits should not be accredited.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Chief Inclusion Officer
- Ithaca City School District, NY
- STEM Academy Engineering Teacher
- Lithia Springs High School, Lithia Springs, GA
- Early Learning Policy Specialist
- City of Seattle, Seattle, WA
- Chief of Human Resources Officer
- Milwaukee Public Schools, Milwaukee, WI
- Licensed Teachers 7-12 **Now Offering $2,000 sign-on Payment**
- Youth Villages, Bartlett, TN