Ed.D. Problem Seen in Paid Advertising
To the Editor:
No wonder skepticism is high regarding Ph.D.s and Ed.D.s in education. The full-page paid advertisement for Walden University in the July 27, 2005, edition of prompts this letter.
Judging from the ad’s content, the rigor and academic discipline necessary for a doctoral degree are embarrassingly missing from this online course of study. Degrees such as these offered by Walden University and other charades by similar institutions interested in profits should not be accredited.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Williamsburg-James City County Public Schools, Williamsburg, VA
- Superintendent of Schools
- Edina Public Schools, Edina, MN
- High School Principal
- Notre Dame Academy, Hingham, MA
- FLOSSMOOR SCHOOL DISTRICT 161, Chicago Heights, IL
- Ben Bronz Foundation, Inc. Executive Director
- NESDEC, W Hartford, CT