News in Brief: A National Roundup
Teenage Boys in Cleveland Charged in Rape at School
Three teenage boys have been charged with raping a fellow student in a Cleveland special education program after the classmate alleged he was attacked three times on school property.
Police say a school custodian at East Tech High School allegedly witnessed one attack on April 22 at the school’s track. After questioning by police, the 17-year-old told of two other attacks: one April 18 in a second-floor restroom, and another April 19 in the school’s locker room.
Two 15-year-olds and a 14-year-old have been charged with rape and assault, said Lt. Thomas Stacho of the Cleveland police. Two of the alleged assailants were released on home detention, while the third remains in custody, he said.
A spokesman for the 65,000-student Cleveland school district did not return a call seeking comment. In remarks to local newspapers, spokesmen for the district said only that they were still in the process of reviewing what happened.
Vol. 24, Issue 36, Page 4
- International Schools First Ever iFair
- International Schools Services, Multiple Locations
- Superintendent, Lexington Public Schools
- Lexington Public Schools, Lexington, MA
- Director II-Sudent Support Services
- Deer Valley Unified School District, Phoenix, AZ
- Tennessee State Teacher Fellows Program Director
- Hope Street Group, TN
- Marketing Communications Manager, North America (CIE)
- Cambridge International Examinations, New York City, NY