News in Brief: A Washington Roundup
Department Issues Rules On Charter-Facility Grant
The Department of Education last week issued final regulations spelling out the selection criteria for a $37 million competitive-grant program designed to help provide facilities for charter schools.
Under the Credit Enhancement for Charter School Facilities Program, money is issued through a competition to public and nonprofit entities to leverage funds to help them acquire school facilities.
Among the criteria listed in the final rules are the quality of project design; the extent to which the proposal would provide financing to charter schools at better rates and terms than they would receive otherwise; and the extent to which project goals, objectives, and timeline are clearly specified, measurable, and appropriate to the program’s purpose.
The new rules, published in the March 24 Federal Register, also include several provisions governing the ongoing management of grants previously awarded.
Vol. 24, Issue 29, Page 26
- Blended High School Principal in NC
- Rocky Mount Prep, Rocky Mount, NC
- Executive Director of Business Services
- Hacienda La Puente Unified School District, CA
- Senior Programs Manager (Customer Loyalty)
- Northwest Evaluation Association, Multiple Locations
- Director, Professional Development Curriculum Design & Development
- Northwest Evaluation Association, Portland, OR
- Assistant Superintendent, Human Resources
- Arlington Public Schools, Arlington, VA