News in Brief: A Washington Roundup
Comments Sought for IDEA Rules
The Department of Education is seeking public comment as it works on regulations for the newly reauthorized Individuals with Disabilities Education Act.
A notice in the Dec. 29 issue of the Federal Register asks individuals to send written comments and recommendations by Feb. 28.
The department says that the renewed law provides an opportunity to improve regulations on early-intervention services for young children with disabilities. The rules will also seek to ensure that every child with a disability has a free, appropriate public education that reflects the standards of the No Child Left Behind Act.
The department also plans to hold a series of public meetings early this year to gather views on the reauthorized IDEA, which President Bush signed on Dec. 3.
The dates for the meetings have not been set, but they will take place in Atlanta; Boston; Columbus, Ohio; Laramie, Wyo.; Newark, N.J.; San Diego; and Washington. Other specifics on the hearings will be released in the Federal Register.
Vol. 24, Issue 16, Page 25
- Middle School Teachers - $125K Salary
- The Equity Project (TEP) Charter School, New York, NY
- High School Physics Teacher
- The International Eduator (TIE), Major cities worldwide, In, United Kingdom
- Jefferson County Public Schools WV, Charles Town, WV
- World History Teacher
- The Bolles School, Jacksonville, FL
- Director, Adult and Career Education
- The School District of Lee County, Fort Myers, FL