Curriculum Prompts Lawsuit
The American Civil Liberties Union and Americans United for Separation of Church and State are suing a Pennsylvania district over a revised biology curriculum that calls for citing alternatives to Charles Darwin’s theory of evolution. The federal lawsuit was filed Dec. 14 in Harrisburg on behalf of 11 parents in the 3,600-student Dover district who oppose the curriculum’s statement that students “will be made aware of gaps/problems in Darwin’s theory and of other theories of evolution including, but not limited to intelligent design.” ( "Pa. School Officials, Science Groups Split Over New Biology Curriculum," ...
This article is available to subscribers only.
To keep reading this article and more, subscribe now or start a 2-week FREE trial.
- Senior Content and Curriculum Leader
- BrightBytes, San Francisco, CA
- 3rd Grade Teacher
- New Hope Academy Charter School, Brooklyn, NY
- Associate Director of Marketing & Business Development
- Generation Ready, New York, NY
- Superintendent of Schools
- Florence Public School District One, Florence, SC
- Grand Center Arts Academy, St. Louis, MO