News in Brief: A State Capitals Roundup
License Backlog Cut
Illinois has reduced its backlog of teacher-certification applications from 7,500 to about 5,500, and eliminated it entirely for the 434,000-student Chicago school district. About 1,200 Chicago teachers and teacher candidates had been awaiting certification, state officials say. Reducing licensing tie-ups had been a goal of Gov. Rod Blagojevich, who earlier this year named several new members to the state board of education. Those members have said the issue is a priority.
Vol. 24, Issue 12, Page 20
- Scale Your Impact. Lead a Portfolio of Cleveland Schools. Apply today!
- Cleveland Metropolitan School District, Cleveland, OH
- Director of Schools (Superintendent)
- Metropolitan Nashville Public Schools, Nashville, TN
- Multiple Vacancies
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Multiple Locations
- Superintendent, City Schools of Decatur
- City Schools of Decatur, Decatur, GA
- Superintendent, South San Francisco Unified School District
- South San Francisco Unified School District, South San Francisco, CA