License Backlog Cut
Illinois has reduced its backlog of teacher-certification applications from 7,500 to about 5,500, and eliminated it entirely for the 434,000-student Chicago school district. About 1,200 Chicago teachers and teacher candidates had been awaiting certification, state officials say. Reducing licensing tie-ups had been a goal of Gov. Rod Blagojevich, who earlier this year named several new members to the state board of education. Those members have said the...
This article is available to subscribers only.
To keep reading this article and more, subscribe now or start a 2-week FREE trial.
- Randolph, MA Superintendent
- NESDEC, Randolph, MA
- Chief Schools Officer - International Baccalaureate (IB)
- International Baccalaureate, Bethesda, MD
- Superintendent of Schools
- Orleans Parish School District, New Orleans, LA
- Grand Center Arts Academy, St. Louis, MO
- Upper School Principal
- Gulliver Schools, Pinecrest, FL