The Massachusetts attorney general’s office has filed for a full-court hearing of an appellate panel’s decision that struck down the Lynn district’s race-conscious student-transfer policy. The petition, filed Nov. 3, asks for a hearing by all the judges of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 1st Circuit. The attorney general’s office argued that a three-judge panel’s Oct. 20 decision inappropriately applied a pair of U.S. Supreme Court rulings guiding the use of...
This article is available to subscribers only.
To keep reading this article and more, subscribe now or start a 2-week FREE trial.
- Round Rock ISD, Round Rock, TX
- Amargosa Valley Elementary School, Amargosa Valley, NV
- The Berkeley Institute, HAMILTON, Bermuda
- Assistant Superintendent for Teaching and Learning
- Roanoke City Public Schools, Roanoke, VA
- Christ the King Preparatory School, NJ