Updating the Big Picture
"Opening a New Window on Child Care," the report from the National Council of Jewish Women, sets forth the following statement of principles:
- All children are entitled to quality child care.
- All families are entitled to affordable child care.
- More places for children in child care are needed.
- Child-care workers must be paid a livable wage with incentives for professional development.
- School-age children must have quality child-care options.
- The business community has an important role to play in improving child care.
- Government, private industry, educators, nonprofit organizations, and parents must commit to a partnership to improve the child-care options for all families.
Vol. 19, Issue 22, Page 15