Notes to Fiscal 2000 Budget Charts
1. Program is jointly run by the Departments of Labor and Education; each carries half its funding.
2. Some funding for these accounts will not be available until after the fiscal year listed.
3. Not all programs in this category are listed; items do not add to total.
4. Administered by the Department of Health and Human Services.
5. Administered by the Department of Labor.
6. Youth Activities combines Summer Youth Employment and Training and Youth Training grants.
7. Administered by the Department of the Interior.
8. Included in appropriations for the departments of Veterans' Affairs, Housing and Urban Development, and related agencies. The National Science Foundation and the Corporation for National and Community Service function as independent federal agencies.
SOURCES: U.S. Congress, Departments of Education, Interior, and Health and Human Services, Office of Management and Budget.
Vol. 19, Issue 17, Page 27