Click It: A Web Roundup
EPA Teaching Center
Log-on to the Environmental Protection Agency’s teaching center for Earth Day, or any day, to find a number of online resources for teaching about the environment. The site is easy to navigate and serves as a starting point for K-12 science and social studies teachers. On the homepage there are links to lesson plans on topics such as air and water, climate change, and ecosystems. There is also information on scholarships and awards, community service projects, conferences, and student internships.
The site provides hands-on resources designed to get students thinking about our environment. Students can link state and local resources, and learn more about the EPA Kids Club as well. Web content is added regularly after being reviewed by the EPA’s Environmental Education Web Workgroup for accuracy and relevance.
Vol. 03, Issue 03
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Middle School Band Teacher
- The International Educator, Hong Kong
- East High School Principal
- Columbus City Schools, Columbus, OH
- High School Chemistry Teacher
- The International Educator (TIE), Italy
- K-12 Teacher
- TIE, Hyannis, MA
- Executive Director of Secondary Education
- School District of Indian River County, Vero Beach, FL