A Digital Directions staff writer, blogger, and Web producer, Katie is particularly interested in how technology affects student engagement. “In reporting on the open-content movement for this issue (see "Open-Content Licensing"),” she says, “I found that deconstructing the complexities of licensing open resources is an important, but commonly misunderstood, step in tapping into a vast well of collaborative resources, which could potentially play a major part in the curricula of the future and the engagement of students in that content.”
Michelle R. Davis
Michelle, the senior writer for Digital Directions and the manager of the DD Expert Network, has tackled a number of big topics in recent issues of the magazine. She examines two other big ones in this issue in looking at how ed-tech leaders are being creative in maintaining their programs with fewer resources (see "Dollars & Sense"), and how schools are utilizing environmentally friendly technologies (see "GoinGreen"). “Doing more with less is something everyone is talking about,” she says. “What I found interesting in my reporting for these stories is the intersection between cutting IT costs and the use of so-called ‘green’ technologies.”
A staff writer and blogger for Digital Directions, as well as an assistant editor for Education Week, Andrew has for over 20 years as an education journalist sought to understand what happens “around the box” when technology goes into the classroom. He relates those observations to larger trends and ideas, such as “disruptive innovation” (see "Disruptive Innovation"). “This concept helps explain the rapid growth of online learning in recent years—and the challenge that threatens to upend the traditional model of schooling,” he says.
Vol. 02, Issue 02, Page 8
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Online K-12 Job Fair for Teachers | Quincy School District
- Quincy School District, WA, Quincy, WA
- Online K-12 Job Fair for Teachers | District of Columbia Public Schools
- District of Columbia Public Schools, Washington, DC
- Middle School Science Teacher
- The International Educator, Ecuador
- Online K-12 Job Fair for Teachers | Harlem Children's Zone
- Harlem Children's Zone, NY, New York, NY
- Classroom Teacher Grade 1
- The International Educator, Italy