Recertification: It’s obscure. It’s ill-understood. It’s never studied. But most teachers have to meet these continuing education requirements every five years. This special report takes a hard look at recertification, posing questions about how it could be strengthened to support teachers better. The stories include an overview of the diverse provider landscape, perspective pieces by current and former teachers, and profiles of states thinking about how to innovate their license-renewal systems.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
Most Popular Stories
- Deputy Superintendent of Academics
- Providence Public Schools, Providence, Rhode Island
- Full Time Special Education Teachers, K-12
- PA Virtual Charter School, Pennsylvania
- Albert Einstein Distinguished Educator Fellow
- Department Of Energy, Washington D.C.
- Long-Term Substitute- 7th Grade Language Arts Teacher
- Academy of the Holy Names, Tampa, FL, US
- Superintendent of Schools
- Sheridan County School District 2, Sheridan, Wyoming