Recertification: It’s obscure. It’s ill-understood. It’s never studied. But most teachers have to meet these continuing education requirements every five years. This special report takes a hard look at recertification, posing questions about how it could be strengthened to support teachers better. The stories include an overview of the diverse provider landscape, perspective pieces by current and former teachers, and profiles of states thinking about how to innovate their license-renewal systems.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
Most Popular Stories
- White River Elementary School Principal
- Hartford School District, White River Junction, Vermont
- Essex Westford School District, Essex Junction, VT, US
- ESE Teacher
- Duval County Public Schools, Jacksonville, Florida
- Executive Director
- Tarrant To and Through Partnership (T3), Fort Worth, Texas
- School Bus Driver
- Madison Highland Prep, Phoenix, Arizona