Thirty years ago, the National Commission on Excellence in Education formed by U.S. Secretary of Education Terrel H. Bell released A Nation at Risk. The landmark report declared that "the educational foundations of our society are presently being eroded by a rising tide of mediocrity that threatens our very future as a nation and a people." To mark the anniversary of the report, this Education Week Commentary package, A Nation at Risk: 30 Years Later, features a new blog with a special focus on the report and an infographic highlighting data on selected aspects of American education.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
Most Popular Stories
- School Bus Driver
- Madison Highland Prep, Phoenix, Arizona
- University Guidance Counselor. IB School. Dubai.
- Galvin Education, Dubai (City) (AE)
- ESE Teacher
- Duval County Public Schools, Jacksonville, Florida
- Superintendent of Schools
- Brunswick School Department, Brunswick, Maine
- Superintendent, Green Bay Area Schools
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Green Bay, Wisconsin