Thirty years ago, the National Commission on Excellence in Education formed by U.S. Secretary of Education Terrel H. Bell released A Nation at Risk. The landmark report declared that "the educational foundations of our society are presently being eroded by a rising tide of mediocrity that threatens our very future as a nation and a people." To mark the anniversary of the report, this Education Week Commentary package, A Nation at Risk: 30 Years Later, features a new blog with a special focus on the report and an infographic highlighting data on selected aspects of American education.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
Most Popular Stories
- Teachers Needed at Top International Schools in China & Hong Kong! All Grades/Subjects
- Edvectus, China (CN)
- Director in Training
- Learning Care Group, Raleigh, North Carolina
- Chief Academic Officer, Clarke County School District
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Athens, Georgia
- Chief Academic Officer
- Creative Minds International PCS, Washington D.C.
- Upper Elementary Teacher
- Red Hill Montessori Academy, Farmington Hills, Michigan