Thirty years ago, the National Commission on Excellence in Education formed by U.S. Secretary of Education Terrel H. Bell released A Nation at Risk. The landmark report declared that "the educational foundations of our society are presently being eroded by a rising tide of mediocrity that threatens our very future as a nation and a people." To mark the anniversary of the report, this Education Week Commentary package, A Nation at Risk: 30 Years Later, features a new blog with a special focus on the report and an infographic highlighting data on selected aspects of American education.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
Most Popular Stories
- Director of Secondary Curriculum, Instruction and Assessment Job
- Hartford School District, White River Junction, Vermont
- Elementary School Principal
- Hartford School District, Quechee, Vermont
- 2019-2020 School Psychologist
- Newport News Public Schools, Newport News, VA, US
- School Bus Driver
- Madison Highland Prep, Phoenix, Arizona
- Executive Director
- Tarrant To and Through Partnership (T3), Fort Worth, Texas