We bring you this year’s Big Ideas in Education in the spirit of change and transformation. This report, written by Education Week reporters and editors, questions some basic assumptions about how you do your work, whether you’re a teacher, school or district leader, or a policymaker. And it is likely to even make you feel a bit uncomfortable, but we hope it will also inspire you to think about how and why you do the work that you do. Many of the essays also include original survey data from more than 1,000 teachers who shared their opinions on the role of robots in the classroom, the goal of big technology, the cause of math anxiety, the messiness of school governance, and more. Let us know your thoughts by using #K12BigIdeas.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
What big ideas are you trying in your classroom, school, or district? We want to know.
Tweet your comments to us at #K12BigIdeas.
REPRINT THIS REPORT
Contact [email protected].
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Elementary School Teacher
- Legends Charter School, Lanham, Maryland
- Executive Director (Head of School)
- Triangle Associates, Burien, Washington State
- Founding Principal - Environmental Charter High School (ECHS)
- Environmental Charter School, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Superintendent of Schools
- Mount Markham Central School District , West Winfield, New York
- Principal, Bell Creek Academy
- Charter School Associates, Riverview, Florida