Education leaders continue to navigate many challenges this year. With competing priorities and limited bandwidth, it can be difficult to focus on developing inclusive, responsive and mindful learning environments. However, research shows that these efforts can have a positive impact on student outcomes. Join education expert, Ken Shelton; and Dr. Tim Hudson, chief learning officer at DreamBox, as they discuss how leaders can leverage technology and other innovative tools to accelerate learning while providing opportunities for inclusivity, diversity and equity.
During this session, you’ll learn:
- How to help your team evaluate their habits of mind and cultural norms
- Practices to support diversity and belonging with technology
- Why equity in education must include diversity within socioeconomics, race, cultural and gender identity
- Strategies to ensure innovations provide authentic, diverse learning
- Guidance to support leaders’ social wellbeing
For all webinars broadcast by Education Week after August 1, 2019, Certificates of Completion are available to all registered live attendees who attend 53 minutes or more of this webinar. Educators can download a PDF certificate verifying 1 hour of Professional Development credit. As with all professional development hours delivered, Education Week recommends each educator verify ahead of the webinar broadcast that the content will qualify for professional development in your school, district, county, or state with your supervisor, human resources professional, and/or principal or superintendent’s office.
A transcript will be available for download from the resource list within five business days after the event.