Faced with tougher state standards and new research about how children learn, more schools and school districts have plunged into variants of personalized learning, or approaches to instruction that seek to better cater to students' individual learning needs. This special report explores that growing interest in personalized learning, looking at how related instructional initiatives (many of which are costly and technologically intensive) are playing out in the classroom and what solutions and challenges they pose for teachers and schools.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Assistant Professor Educational Law and Policy
- Boston College, Chestnut Hill, MA
- Middle School Science Teacher
- The International Educator, Ecuador
- Middle School Band Teacher
- The International Educator, Hong Kong
- Classroom Teacher Grade 1
- The International Educator, Italy
- Director of Special Education and Student Services, PK-12
- Fairfield Public Schools, Fairfield, CT