Teaching Secrets: Find the Job You’ll Love
Spring is in the air, and there’s no better time to start looking for the teaching job you’ll love. Maybe you’re dissatisfied in your current position, or a newbie jumping into the field straight out of school. You’re entitled to work in a place that "gets" you and wants what you have to offer. Your goal is not to take the first job offered, but to get offered the job that will make you happy.
Looking for a teaching position in March or April signals to a potential employer that you are not the bottom of the barrel. Avoid the last-minute job lottery and be in control of the interviewing situation. Start now.
This advice list is not for the faint of spirit, those compelled to follow the school district hiring system. These eight steps are reserved for you maverick job-seekers who are ready to hunt high and low for your dream position, leaving...
This article is available to registered guests only.
Register free, or login below, to continue reading.
To Access Teacher and Education Week Articles, FREE E-Newsletters, and More!
|FREE! (limited access)|
Access selected articles, e-newsletters and more!
- 9-12 Social Studies/PE & Health Teacher #349
- Nye County School District, Pahrump, NV
- Chief Schools Officer - International Baccalaureate (IB)
- International Baccalaureate, Bethesda, MD
- Superintendent of Schools
- Orleans Parish School District, New Orleans, LA
- Senior Content and Curriculum Leader
- BrightBytes, San Francisco, CA
- Grand Center Arts Academy, St. Louis, MO