May 4, 2006
For past issues, select from the drop-down menu.
|Download a State's Full PDF Report:|
The Information Edge
- • Keeping Track
- Decades in the making, Florida's system stands out nationally for its use of student data to influence policy and practice.
- • Aware of All Students
- A well-off district uses data to shine a spotlight on its segment of struggling learners.
- • Finding the Funding
- A small district gets help from a company founded by former educators.
- • Voices of Experience
- District leaders developing school data initiatives can learn from those who have gone before.
- • Monthly Checkups
- A new principal works with teachers to get the most out of a district's benchmark assessments.
- • Tip of Their Fingers
- Teachers in Philadelphia can tap into an array of student-level information from a districtwide data system.
- • Rising to a Challenge
- A vocational-technical school turns to data to help students succeed on high-stakes exams.
- • How Education Week Graded the States
- For the Technology Leaders section of Technology Counts 2006, the EPE Research Center collected data on 14 indicators covering three major areas of state technology policy and practice: access, use, and capacity.
- • About the EPE Research Center’s Annual State Technology Survey
- To assess state policy and practice in education technology, the EPE Research Center surveyed the chief state technology officials in all 50 states plus the District of Columbia.
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Curriculum Manager - English Language Arts
- Apex Learning, Seattle, WA
- Coordinator of Connected Learning
- Center Grove Community School Corporation, Greenwood, IN
- Superintendent Vacancies
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Multiple Locations
- Director, K-12 Tools and Resources
- The College Board, new york 10023, NY
- Outreach Director
- Panorama Education, Boston, MA