Spotlight on Top 10 Stories of 2009
View the complete collection of Education Week Spotlights.
The Education Week Spotlight on Top 10 Stories of 2009 features the 10 most-viewed stories of 2009, as selected by our online readers. The collected articles showcase an anxious but inquisitive and creative period in education—a year when “disheartened” teachers narrowly outnumbered “contented” ones in a poll, but “idealist” educators still figured prominently, and when readers turned to Education Week for news of cost-conscious yet effective technology-based tools and techniques for reaching students. To quote a headline in this Spotlight, it was a year for “Breaking Away from Tradition.”
Enjoy the 10 articles below in a free, downloadable PDF.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Assistant Professor Educational Law and Policy
- Boston College, Chestnut Hill, MA
- Director of Special Education and Student Services, PK-12
- Fairfield Public Schools, Fairfield, CT
- Assistant Professor of Evaluation
- Boston College - Lynch School of Education, Chestnut Hill, MA
- Director of Communications and Community Relations
- Salem-Keizer Public Schools, Salem, OR
- Special Services Director / School Psychologist
- SJISD, Friday Harbor, WA