Diplomas Count is Education Week's essential guide to graduation policy and rates. This year's annual report is supported by the Carnegie Corporation of New York and the Charles Stewart Mott Foundation.
The good news is that the U.S. graduation rate is nearing historic highs; the bad news is too many are left behind.
Roughly 1 million students a year leave high school without a diploma. While much attention has gone to identifying teenagers who are at risk of dropping out and finding ways to keep them in school, comparatively fewer efforts have been expended on bringing back the students who have already left.
Prior Years2012: Diplomas Count 2012: Trailing Behind, Moving Forward (June 2012)
Click here to place an online order for Diplomas Count, or call 800-445-8250.
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Accomack County Public Schools, Accomac, VA
- Administrative Assistant
- AERO HYDROLIC INC, Chicago Heights, IL
- Principal, Niwot High School
- St. Vrain Valley School District, CO
- Ridgefield Public Schools, Ridgefield, CT
- Superintendent of Schools
- Regional School Unit 21, Kennebunk, ME