News in Brief
Ohio Ex-Schools Chief Not Charged in Probe
Prosecutors have decided not to file charges against Ohio's former schools superintendent, who resigned amid ethical questions about his relationship with an educational testing contractor.
Stan Heffner left office in August after the state watchdog issued a report that found Mr. Heffner had received a job offer from a testing firm when he lobbied state lawmakers last year on a bill that benefited the company.
The inspector general's report also found that Mr. Heffner misused his state email and cellphone to communicate with the contractor, Educational Testing Service, and inappropriately had employees at the state education department handle personal matters such as the sale of his house in suburban Columbus.
City and county prosecutors said in a letter received by the inspector general last week that they were troubled by the allegations but that they didn't rise to the level of criminal conduct.
Vol. 32, Issue 06, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Online Career Fair - Clark County School District
- Clark County School District, Las Vegas, NV
- Park City School District, Park City, UT
- Director of Professional Services
- Engaging Schools, Inc., Cambridge, MA
- Elementary School Principal
- Evanston/Skokie School District 65, Evanston, IL
- High School Physics Teacher
- The International Educator (TIE), Major cities worldwide, In, United Kingdom