News in Brief
Va. to Revoke Licenses Of Convicted Teachers
The Virginia education department has hired a specialist to ensure teachers convicted of sexual misconduct don't return to the classroom.
Assistant state schools Superintendent Patty Pitts told The Virginian-Pilot newspaper last week that the specialist, Nancy Walsh, will follow up on such misconduct cases involving teachers.
The goal is to identify teachers whose licenses haven't been revoked for sexual misconduct.
Department spokesman Charles Pyle said that since January 2010, the state board of education has revoked or canceled the licenses of 40 teachers involved in sexual misconduct with students or minors.
Vol. 32, Issue 04, Page 4
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Principal - Secondary (Pool)
- Jefferson County Public Schools, Golden, CO
- Southeast Polk Community School District, Pleasant Hill, IA
- Multiple Positions
- Township High School District 113, IL
- Eugene School District 4J, Eugene, OR
- School Based Therapist
- Okanogan Behavioral HealthCare, Omak, WA