News in Brief
N.C. Teacher Prep to Include Arts
Efforts to promote integration of the arts across the curriculum got a boost in North Carolina last month, when Democratic Gov. Beverly Perdue signed legislation stipulating that those studying to become elementary teachers get some grounding in the concept.
The measure, contained in a broader education bill, says elementary education programs “shall ensure” that teacher-candidates “are prepared to integrate arts education across the curriculum.”
The legislature’s action comes on the heels of a report from a statewide panel appointed last year by the General Assembly.
Vol. 31, Issue 37, Page 4
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Superintendent of Schools
- Ashburnham-Westminster Regional Schools, Ashburnham, MA
- International Schools First Ever iFair
- International Schools Services, Multiple Locations
- Educational Administrator
- YWCA El Paso del Norte, El Paso, TX
- Superintendent, Lexington Public Schools
- Lexington Public Schools, Lexington, MA
- Tennessee State Teacher Fellows Program Director
- Hope Street Group, TN