News in Brief
Ed. Policy Group Gets New Leadership, Home
The Center on Education Policy—a go-to source for research on K-12 policy—has found a new home and a new leader. The CEP, which had operated as an independent nonprofit in Washington since its founding in 1995, will become part of the George Washington University Graduate School of Education and Human Development.
It will be led by Maria Voles Ferguson, who now serves as vice president for policy at the Alliance for Excellent Education, a nonprofit organization in Washington that works on secondary education reform. Ms. Ferguson replaces Jack Jennings, who created the CEP after spending nearly three decades working for Democrats on the House education committee.
Vol. 31, Issue 30, Page 4
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- World History Teacher
- The Bolles School, Jacksonville, FL
- Director, Adult and Career Education
- The School District of Lee County, Fort Myers, FL
- High School Principal
- Unionvile-Chadds Ford School District, Kennett Square, PA
- High School Physics Teacher
- The International Eduator (TIE), Major cities worldwide, In, United Kingdom
- Middle School Teachers - $125K Salary
- The Equity Project (TEP) Charter School, New York, NY