Touch Screens May Ease Verbal Barriers to Learning
Nine-year-old Anastacia Marquez pauses for a beat, pondering a question from one of her teachers, Melissa Flavell.
Anastacia, a student at Sunrise Elementary School in Las Cruces, N.M., extends her left index finger and presses the corresponding answer on her iPad.
This article is available to subscribers only.
To keep reading this article and more, subscribe now or start a 2-week FREE trial.
Access selected articles, e-newsletters and more!
- Princeton Public School District, Princeton, NJ
- Assistant Superintendent for Curriculum & Instruction
- Lake Forest School District 67 & 115, Lake Forest, IL
- Assistant/Associate Professor, Literacy
- Regis University, Denver, CO
- Director of School Support
- The Achievement Network, Multiple Locations
- Perspectives Charter Schools, Chicago, IL