Ky. Schools to Track Students' Body Mass
In a nod to the growing problem of childhood obesity, the Kentucky board of education recently approved a proposal that would require schools to calculate and record a child's body mass index, or BMI, based on weight and height. At the same time, the proposal also eliminates the practice of checking middle school students for...
This article is available to subscribers only.
To keep reading this article and more, subscribe now or start a 2-week FREE trial.
Access selected articles, e-newsletters and more!
- Elementary Principal
- Forest Grove School District, Forest Grove, OR
- K-12 Teachers
- The International Educator, Multiple Locations
- Director of School Support
- The Achievement Network, Multiple Locations
- Assistant Superintendent for Curriculum & Instruction
- Lake Forest School District 67 & 115, Lake Forest, IL
- Princeton Public School District, Princeton, NJ