Kentucky Ed. Dept. Proposes Innovation Foundation
The Kentucky Department of Education proposed last week that the state create a foundation specifically to fund innovative public school projects to help students achieve.
The department floated the proposal at a two-day meeting of the state board of education. Board members told education department staff members the proposal was worth pursuing, said department spokeswoman Lisa Gross.
"With local, state, and federal funding streams all being affected by budget cuts and lower tax revenues, it is imperative that we ensure we are taking advantage of all possible funding sources in order to provide the best learning environment in our schools," Kevin Brown, an associate commissioner of education, wrote in a staff memo presented to the board and posted on the...
This article is available to subscribers only.
To keep reading this article and more, subscribe now or start a 2-week FREE trial.
Access selected articles, e-newsletters and more!
- Immediate Teaching Positions Available at New Visions! Apply Now!
- New Visions for Public Schools, NY
- Executive Director
- Doctors Charter School, Miami Shores, FL
- Senior Content and Curriculum Leader
- BrightBytes, San Francisco, CA
- Senior Curriculum Developer and Trainer
- Institute For Curriculum Services, San Francisco, CA
- Assistant Professor of Educational Administration
- Mississippi State University, Mississippi State, MS