News in Brief
Federal Policy Expert Retires From Think Tank
Jack Jennings, the president and chief executive officer of the Center on Education Policy, a Washington think tank, planned to step down on Jan. 31 from the organization he founded 17 years ago.
Taking his place on an interim basis will be Diane Stark Rentner, who is currently the director of national programs for the center.
Mr. Jennings, who was a longtime aide to Democrats on the House education committee, oversaw the center's work examining the implementation of the No Child Left Behind Act, turnaround efforts in the nation's lowest-performing schools, and the status of high school exit and end-of-course tests.
Vol. 31, Issue 19, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- SUPERINTENDENT OF SCHOOLS - CANTON, MS
- Canton Public School District, Canton, MS
- Superintendent, Clarke County Public Schools
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Berryville, VA
- TEACHER RECRUITMENT
- Mott Haven Academy Charter School, Bronx, NY
- Classroom Teachers
- The Cambridge Schools, Doha, Qa, Qatar
- Upper School (6th-12th grade) General Studies Principal
- Robert M. Beren Academy, Houston, TX