News in Brief
Colo. Approves Rules for Online Schools
The Colorado board of education has voted unanimously to approve rules establishing new quality standards for online schools and make them subject to the same scrutiny as traditional schools when they miss those standards.
The state also will more thoroughly scrutinize new applications for online schools.
The revisions result from 2011 legislation that was passed after critics accused online schools of poor performance.
Vol. 31, Issue 17, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- K-12 Teaching Jobs, Available Nationwide
- CS&A, US
- Tredyffrin/Easttown School District, Wayne, PA
- Cristo Rey Jesuit College Preparatory School of Houston, Houston, TX
- The New School Montessori, Cincinnati, OH
- Part-time AP class instructors - remote
- Ascendant Institute, US