News in Brief
Colo. Approves Rules for Online Schools
The Colorado board of education has voted unanimously to approve rules establishing new quality standards for online schools and make them subject to the same scrutiny as traditional schools when they miss those standards.
The state also will more thoroughly scrutinize new applications for online schools.
The revisions result from 2011 legislation that was passed after critics accused online schools of poor performance.
Vol. 31, Issue 17, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Richland School District One, Columbia, SC
- Superintendent of Schools
- Fremont County School District #14, Ethete, WY
- Modern & Classical Languages Department Chair
- New Trier Township High School District 203, Winnetka, IL
- Dean of Students
- Diman Regional Vocational-Technical High School, Fall River, MA
- Fort Worth Independent School District, Forth Worth, TX