News in Brief
Idaho Ends Stipend Program for National-Board Certification
Idaho is ending a stipend for teachers earning national board certification, and some fear the loss of that incentive will result in fewer educators completing the rigorous program, which can take up to three years to finish. Lawmakers in the 2010 Idaho legislature voted to discontinue a long-standing stipend of $10,000, distributed over five years, to teachers who earn the certification, starting in July.
Vol. 31, Issue 15, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Charter School Operator
- Options PCS, Multiple Locations
- Director of Secondary Education
- Minneapolis Public Schools, MN
- Senior Director, Business Development and Education Services
- Foundations, Inc., Mount Laurel, NJ
- Principal-Multiple Vacancies
- Polk County Schools, Bartow, FL
- Director of Technology
- St. Paul's School, Clearwater, FL