News in Brief
Idaho Ends Stipend Program for National-Board Certification
Idaho is ending a stipend for teachers earning national board certification, and some fear the loss of that incentive will result in fewer educators completing the rigorous program, which can take up to three years to finish. Lawmakers in the 2010 Idaho legislature voted to discontinue a long-standing stipend of $10,000, distributed over five years, to teachers who earn the certification, starting in July.
Vol. 31, Issue 15, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Senior Associate
- Great Schools Partnership, Portland, ME
- Dean Reich College of Education
- Appalachian State University, Boone, NC
- Darien, CT Superintendent of Schools
- NESDEC, Darien, CT
- Coordinator of Connected Learning
- Center Grove Community School Corporation, Greenwood, IN
- Executive Director
- Charter School NYC, New York, NY