News in Brief
Idaho Ends Stipend Program for National-Board Certification
Idaho is ending a stipend for teachers earning national board certification, and some fear the loss of that incentive will result in fewer educators completing the rigorous program, which can take up to three years to finish. Lawmakers in the 2010 Idaho legislature voted to discontinue a long-standing stipend of $10,000, distributed over five years, to teachers who earn the certification, starting in July.
Vol. 31, Issue 15, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Young Scholars Program Director
- The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH
- Summer Math Curriculum Development Associate (3): Grades K-2; Grades 3-5; Grades 6-8
- The Partnership for Inner-City Education, New York, NY
- District Superintendent
- Department of Defense Education Activity, Seoul, Korea, Democratic People's Republic Of
- Engineering & Robotics Teacher
- String Theory Schools, Philadelphia, PA
- Herricks School District, New Hyde Park, NY