News in Brief
Idaho Ends Stipend Program for National-Board Certification
Idaho is ending a stipend for teachers earning national board certification, and some fear the loss of that incentive will result in fewer educators completing the rigorous program, which can take up to three years to finish. Lawmakers in the 2010 Idaho legislature voted to discontinue a long-standing stipend of $10,000, distributed over five years, to teachers who earn the certification, starting in July.
Vol. 31, Issue 15, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Senior Programs Manager (Customer Loyalty)
- Northwest Evaluation Association, Multiple Locations
- Deputy, Academic Enrichment
- School District of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA
- Director, Professional Development Curriculum Design & Development
- Northwest Evaluation Association, Portland, OR
- Assistant Superintendent, Human Resources
- Arlington Public Schools, Arlington, VA
- Multiple Vacancies
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Multiple Locations