School Boards Turn Over in N.C., Minn. Elections
A few board races around the country drew many voters
School board races, often sleepy affairs, garnered a lot of voter attention—and campaign cash—in several communities this month.
The off-year elections last week in Wake County, N.C, and Eden Prairie, Minn., and in Denver on Nov. 1, produced higher-than-usual turnout.
The voter interest in the Eden Prairie and Wake County districts was spurred by long-running concerns over student-assignment policies and led in both districts to turn over in control...
This article is available to subscribers only.
To keep reading this article and more, subscribe now or start a 2-week FREE trial.
Access selected articles, e-newsletters and more!
- Senior Content and Curriculum Leader
- BrightBytes, San Francisco, CA
- Superintendent of Schools - SAU 9
- SAU 9 - Conway, NH, Conway, NH
- Executive Director
- Doctors Charter School, Miami Shores, FL
- Superintendent of Schools
- Orleans Parish School District, New Orleans, LA
- Benilde-St. Margaret's, St. Louis Park, MN