"The 'Parent Trigger' in California: Some Lessons from the Experience So Far"
The controversial "parent trigger" reform has yet to be implemented successfully in any California school, according to a new analysis from the Heartland Institute.
The parent trigger that was enacted into California law in 2010 allows parents of students whose children attend a failing school to petition a school district for specific reforms. The report argues that the California law has too many regulations that are making it difficult for parents to succeed in their efforts to force specific changes.
Vol. 31, Issue 12, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Allegheny Valley School District, PA
- ISS iFair
- International Schools Services, US
- High School Physics Teacher
- The International Eduator (TIE), Major cities worldwide, In, United Kingdom
- Principal K3-8
- Summerville Catholic School, Summerville, SC
- Enrollment Ombudsman
- Hempstead Union Free School District, Long Island, NY