News in Brief
Ky. to Model Staff Development for Common-Core Standards
Kentucky has been chosen as a demonstration site for a new, statewide professional-development model reflecting the common standards that all but four states have adopted. Learning Forward, a professional-development group formerly known as the National Staff Development Council, is leading the effort, with funding from the Sandler Foundation. Six other states—Georgia, Illinois, New Hampshire, New Jersey, Utah, and Washington—will help develop the system.
Vol. 31, Issue 12, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Founding Principal, Charter School
- OLD STURBRIDGE VILLAGE, INC., Sturbridge, MA
- Superintendent, Cedar Rapids Community School District
- Cedar Rapids Community School District, Cedar Rapids, IA
- Neuhaus Education Center, Bellaire, TX
- Diverse Learners Teacher
- AUSL, Chicago, IL
- Roaring Fork School DIstrict, Carbondale, CO