News in Brief
Ky. to Model Staff Development for Common-Core Standards
Kentucky has been chosen as a demonstration site for a new, statewide professional-development model reflecting the common standards that all but four states have adopted. Learning Forward, a professional-development group formerly known as the National Staff Development Council, is leading the effort, with funding from the Sandler Foundation. Six other states—Georgia, Illinois, New Hampshire, New Jersey, Utah, and Washington—will help develop the system.
Vol. 31, Issue 12, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Curriculum Manager - English Language Arts
- Apex Learning, Seattle, WA
- Director, K-12 Tools and Resources
- The College Board, new york 10023, NY
- Superintendent of Catholic Schools
- The Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Washington, Washington, DC
- Coordinator of Connected Learning
- Center Grove Community School Corporation, Greenwood, IN
- Outreach Director
- Panorama Education, Boston, MA