News in Brief
Ky. to Model Staff Development for Common-Core Standards
Kentucky has been chosen as a demonstration site for a new, statewide professional-development model reflecting the common standards that all but four states have adopted. Learning Forward, a professional-development group formerly known as the National Staff Development Council, is leading the effort, with funding from the Sandler Foundation. Six other states—Georgia, Illinois, New Hampshire, New Jersey, Utah, and Washington—will help develop the system.
Vol. 31, Issue 12, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Upper School (6th-12th grade) General Studies Principal
- Robert M. Beren Academy, Houston, TX
- TEACHER RECRUITMENT
- Mott Haven Academy Charter School, Bronx, NY
- High School Director of School Support and Improvement
- Montgomery County Public Schools, Rockville, MD
- Lake Forest School District, Felton, DE
- Superintendent, Clarke County Public Schools
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Berryville, VA