Board Races in N.C., Minn. Draw Voter Interest
School board races, often sleepy affairs, garnered a lot of voter attention—and campaign cash—in several communities this month.
The off-year elections this week in Wake County, N.C., and Eden Prairie, Minn., and in Denver on Nov. 1, produced higher-than-usual turnout.
The voter interest in the Eden Prairie and Wake County districts was spurred by long-running concerns over student-assignment policies and led in both districts to turnover in control...
This article is available to subscribers only.
To keep reading this article and more, subscribe now or start a 2-week FREE trial.
Access selected articles, e-newsletters and more!
- Assistant/Associate Professor, Literacy
- Regis University, Denver, CO
- Assistant Superintendent for Curriculum & Instruction
- Lake Forest School District 67 & 115, Lake Forest, IL
- Princeton Public School District, Princeton, NJ
- Perspectives Charter Schools, Chicago, IL
- Elementary Principal
- Forest Grove School District, Forest Grove, OR