News in Brief
Problems Mount for Pensions
The Montana Teachers Retirement System needs an infusion of $633 million to avoid running out of money by 2055, consultants hired by the system said in a report released last week. Without the additional funding, they said, future school system contributions would need to increase by about 20 percent, or benefits would need to be decreased. The funds long-term projected deficit reached nearly $1.8 billion this year.
Vol. 31, Issue 07, Page 4
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Principal-Multiple Vacancies
- Polk County Schools, Bartow, FL
- Charter School Operator
- Options PCS, Multiple Locations
- Senior Director, Business Development and Education Services
- Foundations, Inc., Mount Laurel, NJ
- Director, Accountability and Research
- Orange County Public Schools, Orlando, FL
- Mathematics Instructional Support Coach
- Weymouth Public Schools, Weymouth, MA