News in Brief
Problems Mount for Pensions
The Montana Teachers Retirement System needs an infusion of $633 million to avoid running out of money by 2055, consultants hired by the system said in a report released last week. Without the additional funding, they said, future school system contributions would need to increase by about 20 percent, or benefits would need to be decreased. The funds long-term projected deficit reached nearly $1.8 billion this year.
Vol. 31, Issue 07, Page 4
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Superintendent of Schools
- Fremont County School District #14, Ethete, WY
- Chief Information Officer and Special Projects Manager
- Randolph Public Schools, MA
- Modern & Classical Languages Department Chair
- New Trier Township High School District 203, Winnetka, IL
- Dean of Students
- Diman Regional Vocational-Technical High School, Fall River, MA
- Richland School District One, Columbia, SC