Problems Mount for Pensions
The Montana Teachers Retirement System needs an infusion of $633 million to avoid running out of money by 2055, consultants hired by the system said in a report released last week. Without the additional funding, they said, future school system contributions would need to increase by about 20 percent, or benefits would need to be decreased. The funds long-term projected deficit reached nearly...
This article is available to subscribers only.
To keep reading this article and more, subscribe now or start a 2-week FREE trial.
Access selected articles, e-newsletters and more!
- Perspectives Charter Schools, Chicago, IL
- Director of School Support
- The Achievement Network, Multiple Locations
- Assistant Superintendent for Curriculum & Instruction
- Lake Forest School District 67 & 115, Lake Forest, IL
- Elementary Principal
- Forest Grove School District, Forest Grove, OR
- Princeton Public School District, Princeton, NJ