News in Brief
Problems Mount for Pensions
The Montana Teachers Retirement System needs an infusion of $633 million to avoid running out of money by 2055, consultants hired by the system said in a report released last week. Without the additional funding, they said, future school system contributions would need to increase by about 20 percent, or benefits would need to be decreased. The funds long-term projected deficit reached nearly $1.8 billion this year.
Vol. 31, Issue 07, Page 4
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Superintendent, Fayetteville-Manlius Central School District
- Fayetteville-Manlius Central School District, Manlius, NY
- Senior Associate
- Great Schools Partnership, Portland, ME
- High School Director at KIPP Delta Public Schools
- On-Ramps, Blytheville, AR
- Program Officer, Teacher Development
- Knowles Science Teaching Foundation, Moorestown, NJ
- Superintendent of Schools
- Easton, Redding & Region 9 School Districts, Easton, CT