News in Brief
Problems Mount for Pensions
The Montana Teachers Retirement System needs an infusion of $633 million to avoid running out of money by 2055, consultants hired by the system said in a report released last week. Without the additional funding, they said, future school system contributions would need to increase by about 20 percent, or benefits would need to be decreased. The funds long-term projected deficit reached nearly $1.8 billion this year.
Vol. 31, Issue 07, Page 4
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Chief Compliance Officer
- Sonoran Schools, AZ
- Superintendent Vacancies
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Multiple Locations
- Executive Director
- Charter School NYC, New York, NY
- Coordinator of Connected Learning
- Center Grove Community School Corporation, Greenwood, IN
- Assistant or Associate Professor - Early Childhood/Literacy
- The College of Staten Island – The City University of New York, Staten Island, NY