News in Brief
N.Y.C. Eyes 50 New Middle Schools
New York City Schools Chancellor Dennis Walcott has announced plans to open 50 new middle schools and phase out others that are failing over the next two years as part of a campaign to improve public education throughout the city. Mr. Walcott said he would apply for up to $30 million in federal school turnaround funds to revamp other middle schools.
Vol. 31, Issue 05, Page 4
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Superintendent of Schools
- Ashburnham-Westminster Regional Schools, Ashburnham, MA
- Superintendent, Lexington Public Schools
- Lexington Public Schools, Lexington, MA
- Tennessee State Teacher Fellows Program Director
- Hope Street Group, TN
- International Schools First Ever iFair
- International Schools Services, Multiple Locations
- Educational Administrator
- YWCA El Paso del Norte, El Paso, TX