News in Brief
N.Y.C. Eyes 50 New Middle Schools
New York City Schools Chancellor Dennis Walcott has announced plans to open 50 new middle schools and phase out others that are failing over the next two years as part of a campaign to improve public education throughout the city. Mr. Walcott said he would apply for up to $30 million in federal school turnaround funds to revamp other middle schools.
Vol. 31, Issue 05, Page 4
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Deputy Superintendent of Education Support
- West Virginia Department of Education, Charleston, WV
- Superintendent, Rockridge Community Unit School District #300
- Rockridge Community Unit School District #300, Taylor Ridge, IL
- Multiple Vacancies
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Multiple Locations
- Director of Professional Services
- Engaging Schools, Inc., Cambridge, MA
- Supervisor of Mathematics
- Quakertown Community School District, PA