N.Y.C. Eyes 50 New Middle Schools
New York City Schools Chancellor Dennis Walcott has announced plans to open 50 new middle schools and phase out others that are failing over the next two years as part of a campaign to improve public education throughout the city. Mr. Walcott said he would apply for up to $30 million in federal school turnaround funds to...
This article is available to subscribers only.
To keep reading this article and more, subscribe now or start a 2-week FREE trial.
Access selected articles, e-newsletters and more!
- K-12 Teachers
- The International Educator, Multiple Locations
- Perspectives Charter Schools, Chicago, IL
- Elementary Principal
- Forest Grove School District, Forest Grove, OR
- Princeton Public School District, Princeton, NJ
- School Turnaround Facilitator (Stockton, CA) ($83K-$102K/YR
- WestEd, Multiple Locations