News in Brief
D.C. Standardized Test to Cover Sex Education
The District of Columbia public schools are planning to test students on their knowledge of human sexuality, contraception, and drug use next year. According to the city's office of the state superintendent of education, the exam will be the first standardized test on health and sex education in the country. The 50-question exam will be given to students in grades 5, 8, and 10. School officials say the test will help determine what students know about risky behavior.
Vol. 31, Issue 04, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Superintendent, Cedar Rapids Community School District
- Cedar Rapids Community School District, Cedar Rapids, IA
- Faculty, pre-school, international school
- Scholastica, Dhaka, Dh, Bangladesh
- Diverse Learners Teacher
- AUSL, Chicago, IL
- Founding Principal, Charter School
- OLD STURBRIDGE VILLAGE, INC., Sturbridge, MA
- Roaring Fork School DIstrict, Carbondale, CO