News in Brief
Math Groups Plan to Offer Common-Standards Help
Some of the leading mathematics education organizations have teamed up with the forces behind the common-core standards to help educators make the transition to those standards.
The new Mathematics Common Core Coalition includes the National Council of Teachers of Mathematics, the National Council of Supervisors of Mathematics, the Association of Mathematics Teacher Educators, and the Association of State Supervisors of Mathematics.
The Council of Chief State School Officers and the National Governors Association, which were driving forces behind the common standards, are also involved, along with the two state consortia that have federal funding to design assessments for the standards.
Vol. 31, Issue 04, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Invitation to Teaching Professionals to Score edTPA
- Pearson, US
- Superintendent Vacancies
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Multiple Locations
- K12 Teacher
- Cuixmala School, Mexico
- Coordinator of Connected Learning
- Center Grove Community School Corporation, Greenwood, IN
- Superintendent of Schools
- Oak Creek- Franklin Jt. School District, Oak Creek, WI