News in Brief
Math Groups Plan to Offer Common-Standards Help
Some of the leading mathematics education organizations have teamed up with the forces behind the common-core standards to help educators make the transition to those standards.
The new Mathematics Common Core Coalition includes the National Council of Teachers of Mathematics, the National Council of Supervisors of Mathematics, the Association of Mathematics Teacher Educators, and the Association of State Supervisors of Mathematics.
The Council of Chief State School Officers and the National Governors Association, which were driving forces behind the common standards, are also involved, along with the two state consortia that have federal funding to design assessments for the standards.
Vol. 31, Issue 04, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Director of Schools (Superintendent)
- Metropolitan Nashville Public Schools, Nashville, TN
- Alphonsus Academy & Center for the Arts, Chicago, IL
- Middle School Teachers - $125K Salary
- The Equity Project (TEP) Charter School, New York, NY
- Secondary Teachers
- Roaring Fork School District, Glenwood Spgs, CO
- Online Career Fair - Clark County School District
- Clark County School District, Las Vegas, NV