News in Brief
Grade-Change Claims Up in NYC
Allegations of grade-changing and test-tampering by New York City teachers and school administrators have more than tripled since 2003, rising from 68 to 225 last year, according to the city’s special investigation commissioner, Richard Condon. He attributed the rise to the higher stakes of standardized tests and the increase in the number of schools. Schools Chancellor Dennis Walcott said he didn’t believe the increase in reports meant more misconduct was occurring.
Vol. 31, Issue 02, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Director of John C. Dunham STEM Partnership School
- Aurora University, Aurora, IL
- High School Physics Teacher
- The International Educator (TIE), Major cities worldwide, In, United Kingdom
- Park City School District, Park City, UT
- Online Career Fair - Clark County School District
- Clark County School District, Las Vegas, NV
- Director of Schools (Superintendent)
- Metropolitan Nashville Public Schools, Nashville, TN