News in Brief
Grade-Change Claims Up in NYC
Allegations of grade-changing and test-tampering by New York City teachers and school administrators have more than tripled since 2003, rising from 68 to 225 last year, according to the city’s special investigation commissioner, Richard Condon. He attributed the rise to the higher stakes of standardized tests and the increase in the number of schools. Schools Chancellor Dennis Walcott said he didn’t believe the increase in reports meant more misconduct was occurring.
Vol. 31, Issue 02, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Diverse Learners Teacher
- AUSL, Chicago, IL
- Neuhaus Education Center, Bellaire, TX
- Roaring Fork School DIstrict, Carbondale, CO
- Faculty, pre-school, international school
- Scholastica, Dhaka, Dh, Bangladesh
- Superintendent, Cedar Rapids Community School District
- Cedar Rapids Community School District, Cedar Rapids, IA